Monday, April 7, 2014

Wrong Man

I think I have forgotten who I am, 
forgotten the difference between can't and can
I have forgotten what it is that made me me,
forgotten how to choose, forgotten how to be

I believe it all started with loving a man,
started with blindness, without having a plan
I believe it all started with submitting to chains,
started with excuses, with hiding the pain

Over time I grew numb to the lies and games,
numb to the insults, to the calling of names
Over time I learned how to no longer breathe,
to no longer fly over the moon, to not disagree

I don't know if I'll ever find me again,
if I'll ever laugh or smile like I did way back when
I don't know if I'll ever sing the same tune,
if I'll dance again like I did at twenty-two

I believe I have pawned the woman I am,
traded in the proud lion for the most pitiful lamb
I was once a mountain, now crumbled to sand,
and all of it started with loving a man...








No comments:

Post a Comment